SOUTHEASTERN MILLS, INC.
SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT
Southeastern Mills, Inc. (“SEMills”) is committed to legal compliance and ethical conduct wherever SEMills conducts business, and SEMills conducts its businesses in accordance with all applicable laws and ethical worker treatment. SEMills expects the same commitment from its suppliers. This Code of Conduct requires that all suppliers of SEMills:
1. Comply with all applicable laws and regulations;
2. Respect the basic human rights of employees, including:
· promoting equal opportunities for and treatment of its employees irrespective of skin color, race, nationality, social background, disabilities, sexual orientation, political or religious conviction, sex or age;
· respecting the personal dignity, privacy and rights of each individual;
· refusing to employ or make anyone work against his will;
· providing a fair wage to all employees, at least as much as the applicable national statutory minimum wage;
· complying with the maximum number of working hours under applicable laws;
· recognizing, as far as legally possible, the right of free association of employees and to neither favor nor discriminate against members of employee organizations or trade unions;
3. Prohibit the employment of any workers under the age of 15 or, in those countries subject to the developing country exception of the ILO Convention 138, under the age of 14;
4. Take responsibility for the health and safety of its employees, including:
· controlling hazards and taking the best reasonably possible precautionary measures against accidents and occupational diseases;
· providing training and ensure that employees are educated in health and safety issues;
5. Not engage in any form of corruption or bribery, including any payment or other form of benefit conferred on any government official for the purpose of influencing decision making in violation of law;
6. Act in accordance with applicable standards regarding environmental protection, and seek to minimize environmental pollution;
7. Not discrimminate with regard to its own supplier selection and treatment, and use reasonable efforts to promote the requirements in this this Code of Conduct among its own supply chain.
SEMills reserves the right to terminate its business relationship with any supplier who violates this Code of Conduct or whose suppliers or subcontractors violate this Code of Conduct.