SOUTHEASTERN MILLS, INC.
ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
At Southeastern Mills, Inc., we believe that we have an obligation to preserve the environment, and we believe that strong environmental performance builds value and is an indicator of business success. We are committed to improving our own operations and working with our employees, suppliers, customers and communities to conserve and preserve natural resources. We we will specifically undertake the following:
· We will use natural resources wisely and seek further opportunities to improve the resource efficiency of our operations.
· We will promote reuse and recycling.
· We will conduct our business in a manner that fosters compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and will maintain programs to minimize environmental, health and safety risks in our operations.
· We will train our employees to enhance their understanding of environmental, health and safety practices, innovations, risks and policies.
· We will provide our customers with environmentally responsible alternatives.
· We are committed to minimizing impact on the environment by supporting the development and sale of products that are manufactured, packaged and labeled in a responsible manner, that take the environment into consideration and that provide greater value to our customers.
· We expect our suppliers and contractors to maintain compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations in their operations and products.
· We will use our time, talent, energy and resources to support worthwhile causes promoting environmental conservation and innovation.