Ingredients and Shopping List
- 4 thick, center-cut, boneless pork chops,thawed and trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (9-ounce) box Shore Lunch® Classic Fried Chicken Breading Mix
- canola oil for frying
- 1 (4.2-ounce) package Southeastern Mills®Roast Pork Gravy Mix (optional)
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges (optional)
- Place each pork chop between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Pound with the flat end of a meat mallet until pork chops are about ¼ inch thick. Repeat process. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add flour.
- In a second resealable plastic bag, add Chicken Breading Mix.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add oil. Oil should cover pork chops about halfway.
- Place 1 chop in bag with flour and turn to coat, remove from bag shake off excess and dip in milk mixture. Place in bag of Chicken Breading Mix and turn to coat. Remove and carefully place breaded pork chop in heated oil.Fry until done, about 3-4 minutes per side, turning once. Do not overcrowd pan.
- Place a wire rack in a large rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Place cooked pork chops on wire rack and keep warm in heated oven, while frying remaining chops.
- Prepare Roast Pork Gravy Mix according to package directions and serve over pork chops or squeeze fresh lemon juice over chops.
Copyright © 2012 Southeastern Mills, Inc.
Serve with homemade black-eyed pea salad or mashed potatoes.