Ingredients and Shopping List
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Shore Lunch® Cornmeal Recipe Breading Mix
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- sugar for rolling (about 1/3 cup)
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. For best results, bake 1 sheet of cookies at a time.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour and Shore Lunch® Cornmeal Recipe Breading Mix; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla, until creamy. Beat in whole egg and yolk.
- Scrape bowl and slowly add in flour mixture, beating after each addition.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes; 15 minutes before removing dough from refrigerator preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll gently in sugar and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Gently flatten dough balls with the bottom of a drinking glass that has been buttered and dipped in sugar.
- Bake until done, 12 to 15 minutes or when edges are golden brown.
Copyright © 2012 Southeastern Mills, Inc.