Ingredients and Shopping List
- 1 package Shore Lunch® Creamy Potato Premium Soup Mix
- 4 thick-cut bacon slices (garnish)
- 1 jalapeno chile*, peeled, seeded, roasted** and finely diced
- 1 poblano chile*, peeled, seeded, roasted** and finely diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 2 thinly sliced green onions (garnish)
- In a medium sauté pan, fry bacon until crisp; crumble and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- In a small sauté pan, add bacon drippings, chiles and garlic; sauté over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large saucepot, bring 8 cups of water to a rolling boil. Whisk in DRY soup mix, and add sautéed chiles and garlic. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to overcook soup.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in pepper jack cheese.
- Garnish with bacon crumbles and green onions.
*When handling chiles, wear plastic gloves.
**To Roast Chiles: Cut jalapeno and poblano chiles in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. Place chiles skin sides up on a foil-lined baking sheet and use a gloved hand to flatten. Place under broiler until skins blister and char (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from broiler and place in a small bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 15-20 minutes until skin loosens. Peel chiles under running water to remove skins.
Copyright © 2012 Southeastern Mills, Inc.